Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Other Dumb FedEx Guy

Alright, it's not really one individual like the one I encountered last time, but the collective efforts of many individuals to execute a spectacular demonstration of sheer incompetence.

The FedEx courier was supposed to arrive to pick up my packages from my old apartment in Miami, which have been sent back because they screwed up the delivery. How did they screw it up? Well, it all started with me choosing FedEx Ground as a means to ship my personal effects back home, since it was the cheapest alternative (which would cost me even more in time and money later). Unfortunately, they' don't do ground shipments for personal effects, something they failed to inform anyone who elect to arrange and pay for the shipping online.

Well, not only did they fail to inform people, but their online system even allowed it! In fact, on their online shipping form for ground shipping, they ask for the purpose of the shipment, after which you can select your response from a drop-dowm menu. One of the items on that menu: PERSONAL EFFECTS! So from my point of view, FedEx can perfectly ship personal effects via ground shipping.

That's when all hell broke loose. So back to the courier, who was supposed to pick up the returned packages from my old apartment. There was only one day he could do it before the guy living there leaves for a one-week trip. Guess what? The courier never came!

The reason? I found out later after calling FedEx. My old apartment's address is XXXX SW 1st Ave., Apartment #5 (number concealed for tenant's safety). The dyslexic moron instead read XXXX SW 5th Ave., Apartment #1, despite the fact that the correct address was clearly printed on all labels! Then he came back whining about there being no such address!!

So now I have to have my 6 packages shipped back up via FedEx Express once the guy in my old apartment comes back, which is going to cost me big time. Well, more like 5 packages, since they've already lost one and are now trying to find it. Go figure it's the package with the most valuable contents that gets lost.

If FedEx cannot handle a simple shipment of 6 packages of personal effects, how the hell can they manage a shipment of merchandise for a business!? Let this be a lesson to you all. If you're going to have your stuff shipped, use the POSTAL SYSTEM. That's right. By personal experience, UPS isn't any more competent, being legally retarded and all, but that's another story.

DHL has a fighting chance in the US market after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home