Thursday, September 01, 2005

REPENT SINNERS! Or God Will Send Katrina!!

This has been a week of complete and utter chaos and anarchy for what's left of New Orleans. Just to give you an idea, snipers are shooting at hospital evacuations, and even the police are looting Wal-Mart.

And even more sadly, I heard on the radio that said 55% of Canadians polled will NOT donate a cent to the US for Hurricane Katrina disaster relief, mainly because of Bush, Iraq, US violation of NAFTA by putting up tariffs on our softwood lumber, blah, blah, blah. Since WHEN did politics get mixed up in this!?!?!? If you think some good and innocent people should keep on suffering just because their president looks more like he belongs on a Paul Frank t-shirt, GO FUCK YOURSELF. I'm ashamed you're Canadian.


For those of you with a heart, here's a list of organizations you can donate to, but if you're not sure, you can never go wrong with the Red Cross. Take it from me.

All this crisis with Hurricane Katrina made me think of this photo that I took during Mardi Gras in New Orleans last year:

REPENT! RECANT!!  HEEEAAATHENS!!!.

Pay attention to what the sign says. Damn, I wonder how many of those bible-thumpers are profiting from the disaster by gaining influence with chants of "I TOLD YOU SO!" No, God didn't just go, "Hmmm...I've just about had it with these people. I think I'll send a hurricane their way even though I'll hurt and kill a lot of innocent people in the process." It's a NATURAL PHENOMENON!!

God, I can't stand religious people (a quote for the books!). I've seen religion motivated too much by power and profit. I've seen religion being marketed and pandered. I've seen (albeit not personally) religion cause wars.

I still believe in God, but I don't think I need to channel my faith in Him through religion. I guess I can best describe myself as being spiritual, but not religious. I ask all of you to find your own way to become closer to God. If you think a particular religion suits you, then go for it. But don't try to aggresively convert or even force your religion upon people by telling others that they're wrong just because they don't share your beliefs.

I'll end this appropriately with a bible quote. This is for you, televangelist who sells Holy Water in ketchup packets, loony Pat Robertson, and Farting Preacher!

And Jesus entered the temple of God and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. He said to them, "It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer'; but you make it a den of robbers."
- Matthew 21:12-13


The first time Jesus snaps in the Bible!! Who says it's boring reading??

3 Comments:

Blogger lalamoon said...

i believe that it doesn't matter what/who you believe, as long as it makes you a better person and this world a better place

Thu Sep 08, 01:03:00 AM 2005  
Blogger lalamoon said...

can you post what the sign says? i can't read it

Thu Sep 08, 01:05:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Yes, I agree with you on the first comment. As long as our definitions of "better" align.

The sign says, "Jesus Christ shall destroy sinners with cruel wrath and fierce anger."

Doesn't sound like the all-loving, all-forgiving saviour that I'm used to.

Thu Sep 08, 05:38:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home