Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Weather's Going To Hell

This week suddenly got really cold and rainy. It totally caught me by surprise, even though I've lived here longer than anywhere else. That's what two years in Miami will do to you.

You also get the secondhand habit of scouting the beach in English bay for topless sunbathers. It's a futile search, as Wreck Beach near at my old university is the only place I know where people can sunbathe naked. Unfortunately, only ugly people and walruses (natural and human) bask there au naturel.

Well, it doesn't matter anymore, as it's now so cold that the men experience shrinkage to the point of androgyny, and the women can cut themselves out of the ice with their nipples. I wonder what winter will be like? Can I finally snowboard after two years of snow deficiency?

Who am I to bitch about the weather? I totally lucked out by choosing not to stay in Miami for another month. Even though Katrina was only a Category 1 hurricane when it made its direct hit in Miami, a lot of trees that I know around my old place and my school are now down. Miami lucked out on FOUR hurricanes last year, but it did not get so lucky this year, and the hurricane season is still beginning.


Speaking of unlucky, those poor folks down in New Orleans are underwater. The city has turned from a place where women flash their plastic boobs for plastic beads once a year, to a place where women use their plastic boobs as a personal floatation device. If you want to see pics of The Big Easy (not so easy anymore, sadly) before it became an aquarium, check out my Mardi Gras pics in my Yahoo! Album.
As for photos, here's what it looks like out my window right now. Although the weather is depressing, the fog lends an eerie and mysterious beauty to the scenery. Perhaps the reason why is because our minds see the white fog as a blank slate, and our imaginations immediately attempt to fill in what could be lying beyond.

I'm grabbing a blanket and thanking God that I'm too high up to be underwater.

What lies beyond?  Horny bears.

3 Comments:

Blogger lalamoon said...

don't you miss the rain?

Thu Sep 01, 11:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Yes, I miss that gentle, soothing sound of rain that feels like it's tapping on the back of my neck, unlike Miami, where that tapping against my neck is probably lightning.

Fri Sep 02, 02:11:00 AM 2005  
Blogger lalamoon said...

hehee..or twigs and branches whipped around by the wind

Thu Sep 08, 01:04:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home