Friday, August 26, 2005

TADA!

So what do you do when the the blog title and description text are stubbornly immune to any formatting or positioning changes that you throw at it? You do what you'd do with any persistently unmitigable problem.

You say "Fuck it!"

I totally gave up on the title and description text, and did away with them altogether. Instead, I used a title image and positioned it with a table. The solution was so simple that it really showed that my one-track mind was probably as stubborn as the title text. I can't believe I only figured it out the next day.

So I hope you like it. This was the result of an entire work week of Photoshopping by cropping, saving, and uploading hundreds of images for the header, as well as making the wallpaper. Add that to the countless trial and error with this clunky template.
My next project will be an "image viewer". When you click on an image, a pop-up window of convenient size will appear with the larger image, and the window will close once you click on it. My template page is getting totally cluttered up with CSS and JavaScript, so I got to figure out how to accomodate that.

Okay, geek talk aside, here's another Japan pic!

For those who spank their monkey in the tub.

Horrifically overpriced Engrish brand store.

3 Comments:

Blogger lalamoon said...

looks good :)

Mon Aug 29, 09:37:00 PM 2005  
Blogger lalamoon said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Zembic
this guy might have an edge over you for the breast man job

Tue Aug 30, 11:57:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Yes, I remember the guy. If you want to see a pic of him, here it is...

http://www.maximonline.com/grit/articles/article_6670.html

Tue Aug 30, 06:43:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home