Monday, September 05, 2005

Not Even Blogs Are Safe From Spam!

After browsing through a couple of my friends' blogs, I have to write this. I've been seeing a lot of spam on your blog comments. You know what I mean. They look like:

anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. I've linked you to my blog. Please visit www.cheapdrugs.com. Cheers!

Yes, spamming has reached a new low. They lull you into a false sense of amity through flattery about your blog and/or writing skills, then they insert their plug without hesitation. Don't fall for their manipulation! No matter how nice they sound, SPAM IS SPAM. Swapping links with a buddy is one thing, but using your buddy's blog and trust to sell your non-value-added (aka worthless) crap is plain WRONG.

For those of you using Blogger.com, there are a few of things you can do to prevent this scourge:

  1. Go to Settings in your blog control panel, then go to the Basic section (you're probably there already). Then, where it asks, "Add your blog to our listings?", select "No".

  2. Once again, under Settings, go to the Comments section, and where it asks, "Who can comment?" change the selection from "Anyone". This prevents anonymous postings. The problem is you either have to register all the people you want to see your blog as blog members, or have them register to Blogger.com.

    For me, I think the first suggestion is better, because at least my friends seeing my blog can refer it to their friends, which I assume are not spammers. Friends of spammers are not friends of mine.

  3. DELETE the spam comments! If those motherfuckers are as merciless to use your blog as a vehicle for their wanton pandering, you should be just as merciless to shoot them down and deny them the exposure they crave.

  4. For Christ's sake, DO NOT CLICK ON THEIR LINKS TO VISIT THEIR SITE!!!! It's like escaping a shark attack only to go back and offer the shark your ass.

I hope this has been helpful to all of you fellow bloggers. Unfortunately, those of you who are using Blogger.com for free have to have that Navigator bar stuck at the top of your blog page. Potential spammers need only to click on the "Next Blog" button to cycle through all the blogs they want and leave their dog shit on the post comments.

I don't think the other blog services have it any better (at least not for free). Xanga.com addresses this problem by allowing ONLY Xanga.com members to post comments. I have a couple of buddies using that service, but I'm not willing to register to Xanga.com and have another blog page just to post comments.

If you have any other ideas, please post them in the comments section below. You heartless bastards have not been leaving any hint that you visited my blog.

If it's spam you can just as well go sodomize yourself. Well actually, you won't have to. There is a place in hell reserved for all of you spammers, where each single spam message you send is represented by a red hot cactus (Believe that they can pull off this shit in hell!) to be inserted in your anal cavity, but not before you are nailed down to a giant cheese grater by your joints and placed on a giant paint shaker bathed in a pool of vinegar.

Jesus loves you!

3 Comments:

Blogger lalamoon said...

hehee...i've seen what you've talked about...its horrible!!!!!! i just delete any spam so their mission has technically failed

Thu Sep 08, 12:59:00 AM 2005  
Blogger lalamoon said...

btw, i love your pics in your header....

Thu Sep 08, 01:09:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Thanks! I took them all myself. Sorta like a diary of the places I've been.

Thu Sep 08, 04:47:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home