Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jobless No More! (For Now...)

Now I have a real reason to say that I'm too busy.

Since classes begin in May, I've found something to do until then. Well, in truth, it was my dad that found it, since it was one of his clients who needed my help in setting up a mushroom farm. That's right. It's quite an unusual job, but the good thing is that when you work for a startup business, your job covers a variety of areas in the company. Currently, the weight of my job is on helping to devise food safety operating procedures, and to comply with HACCP requirements.

Unfortunately, it's way out there in Abbotsford, so I have to wake up before the crack of dawn to get to work. Fortunately, my dad also works in that town, so I get to carpool with them. No, it doesn't look cool to still have to be picked up and dropped off by your parents, but I think it's cooler than being a complete dumbass by paying twice as much for overpriced gas when you don't really have to. And it's certainly cooler than getting killed, maimed, or paralyzed in a high-speed accident on the Trans-Canada Highway because you're only half-awake at the wheel.

The sudden early wake-up calls are totally screwing up my circadian rhythm. It's already bad enough that I can't keep any other type of rhythm, which you can tell when I'm on the dance floor, in music class, or at the organ during funerals. I'm always so tired after work that I can't focus my mental energy and wit to post on this blog, and trust me, my wit could use all the focusing it can get, especially if I am to entertain a funeral. I'll try to readjust my sleep cycle with the help of sleeping pills, but I should dose myself carefully, because a little bit too much would make it way harder to get up in the morning. Anymore and I'll go Marilyn Monroe.

I'll post more often when I can get used to sleeping at the same time as old people, and waking up at the same time as farmers. Don't worry, I'm working on it. I won't be able to live with myself if I leave you with nothing to read in the toilet. Well, maybe I am, since it does bring a certain amount of satisfaction to know you lost your appetite if you read my crass and disgusting rhetorical excrement anywhere besides the latrine. Anyway, expect new posts if I have an interesting story from work.

And remember, mushrooms are good for you and will make you sexy!

3 Comments:

Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Congrats. Hey, I remember smelling cow shit every time I drove to Chilliwack (yes, that's a real place). Do you smell cow shit on the way to Abbotsford? Hey, is that really where the abbot crossed the river?

Sun Mar 26, 12:49:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

No, the name "Abbotsford" has nothing to do with some abbot crossing a river. Check the city's website.

However, you're absolutely right about the cow shit smell. In fact, Abbotsford's city motto is Latin for "You'll get used to the smell!"

Sun Mar 26, 01:28:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh HACCP! At least you don't have to deal with cows and all the crazy legal crap surrounding drugs that you can and can't pump into them. And you don't have a crazy paranoid prof who thinks that all asians eat raw food and thinks those 'wetbacks'(her words, not mine) should stop bringing diseases into the US. Crazy Kansas

Sat Apr 08, 02:53:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home