Thursday, March 09, 2006

This Is It

It's all come down to this.

The exam for my CGA financial accounting course was at UBC tonight, and I had no expectations of acing it. This was because I learn by asking questions; I can understand and remember things much easier if I know how things work. Unfortunately, without any classroom or teacher, I had to accept the course material as is, without really understanding it.

Essentially, this exam was the culmination of a three-month exercise in rote memorization. To improve my chances of passing, I went to UBC early in the afternoon to spend time doing old and practice exams. At this point, I thought that a damage control strategy would be appropriate, and I'll be aiming to obtain at least partial credit for all the questions. Fortunately, the CGA posts the percentage weights of each subject on the exam, so I could focus on the most important subjects.

Now the exam is out of the way, and I think I could make the 61% minimum that I calculated to need in order to pass the course. Of course, I was totally clueless on the questions involving the subject areas that required the most memorization, but not being the kind of person to go down without a fight, I pulled several numbers and account names out of my ass in hopes of getting the much-needed partial credit. That's right, being able to pull numbers and shit out of my ass is where the real accounting test is.

Pulling shit out of my ass!?!? EWWWWWW!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home