Friday, February 10, 2006

Six Degrees Of Jürgen Prochnow

I lack the gift of instant slumber.

Unless I am absolutely exhausted mentally and physically, I actually lay awake, sometimes even for hours, waiting for sleep to claim me. During that time, I am lost in thought and hoping that soon, those turning wheels in my head will dissolve into cloudy abstractness that marks the blurred frontier between the living world and the dreaming world. Perhaps it is my subconscious, but when I approach that stage, what seems to be totally random thoughts materialize.

Last night was particularly the case. For some reason, my train of thought led me to the mental exercise of linking actors Jürgen Prochnow and Malcolm McDowell in the same way you play Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Don't ask me how this happened. In the same way that you don't recall what you dreamt once you wake up, I have no memory of that strand of thought - only of the weird places it led to. Anyway, here's how I solved the conundrum:

  1. Jürgen Prochnow was in Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone.
  2. Sylvester Stallone was in Assassins with Antonio Banderas.
  3. Antonio Banderas was in Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams with Ricardo Montalban.
  4. Ricardo Montalban was in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan with William Shatner ("KHAAAAAAAN!!!!")
  5. William Shatner was in Star Trek: Generations with Malcolm McDowell!! BA-DA-BAM!!!

Oh great, now all that thinking has put me back to square one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This confirms my beliefs that you are weird.

Wed Feb 15, 05:42:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home