Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The New Batch

Well, the new undergrad roomies have moved in.

The two guys and a girl are nice, albeit sloppy, which is expected of undergrads. So it wasn't as bad as I thought, which stands to show that when you're as bitterly cynical as I am, everything will be good news.

One guy is your usual undergrad engineering drinking buddy - tall, complete with flannel shirt, jeans, and hiking shoes. Even though this description closely matches that of an English major, he is not one, and the difference is that he actually uses his hiking shoes to go in the woods, he never has a cup of coffee in his hand, and he has an actual future. Besides, he's a really cool guy and easy to talk to.

The one girl is a tall blonde, perhaps taller than me by an inch or two. I know what you're all thinking with those dirty little minds, but it's my policy not to date roommates, coworkers, my students, nor my relatives. As the old expression goes: Don't shit where you eat. But then again, all this talk is just a round of self-flattery, as it is under the assumption that I have the charisma to initiate a relationship with any member of the opposite sex as desired.

The other guy is a aspiring bona fide opera singer, so aspiring that he even sings in the toilet. Well, whatever it takes to hide embarrassing noises when you're dropping off your brown kids at the pool. Unfortunately, he also applies his vocal fortitude to his snoring, and he sleeps directly on the other side of my northern wall. However, that's not a problem because I already sleep with earplugs on every night on the account of The Tower of Babel being built next door to my building. He's usually not around for most of the day, probably because he has rehearsals and recitals left and right.

Oh my God, I'm living in an episode of The Real World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home