Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey! I'm Dead!!!

It's finally happened.

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin, the man who shares his passion for nature by making a living kicking the Grim Reaper in the balls, has finally succumbed - surprisingly not to a crocodile, but to a stingray. It's as if God decided to rub him out in a strange twist of fate just for shits and giggles, seeing how he has time and again defied the natural flow of life by going against the current.

Every Australian friend I know thinks he's an idiot for doing what he does (especially when he waved his baby around one of his crocs), but if through wanton acts of perilous stupidity one can foster awareness in animals and nature, then I think it is just as noble as it is moronic, and that's why I still harbor sympathy towards this crazed fan of Mother Nature. That and he was always fun to watch when he appeared in late nite talk shows like Jay Leno, David Letterman, or Conan O'Brien. But then again, when you've spent all your life hand-catching crocodiles for your zoo, you'd probably get a little too comfortable around them. My thoughts and condolences certainly go out to his family.

This time, I'll end this not with a possible epitaph or last words, but a more-than-appropriate personal quote from Steve Irwin himself:

"I'll meet my match when I'm dead."


RIP Steve Irwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home