Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last One Gone

My German roommate moved out on Tuesday.

He's going on a 10-day Western Canada road trip before coming back to visit for a week, then leaving for Germany. Until then, I'm alone in the quad until the next batch of roommates move in. Every inch of the suite now seems so empty. My eyes scanned an area of blank wall where he used to hang his Canadian flag with all his friends' signatures on it. Fortunately, we here in Canada aren't "patriotic" enough to arrest him for defacing our national flag, along with all those who have named themselves by contributing to the desecration.

The flag...DAMMIT!! It's been hanging there all along and I forgot to sign it myself!! My only hope now is to wait until he comes to visit and pray that he didn' bury his flag so deep in his luggage that he can't take it out without having to pack all over again.

Until then, I'm bracing to see what comes through my quad door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home