Monday, July 10, 2006

Bringin' Down Da Haus!!

I was rudely woken up by such banging and crashing.

Wood splintering. Glass smashing. It sounded like someone was tearing down the house. Then I looked out the window, and well, they WERE tearing down a house! Ever since the real estate boom, they've been wanting to demolish the old places in my neighborhood and build brand-spankin' new ones in their place, and charge exhorbitant rents, even though the reason that my building administrator would cite is that the old buildings were not earthquake proof. So now, I have to sleep with earplugs on every night because they're building the freakin' Tower of Babel all around me.

For the love of God, why can't they just blow the damn thing up in a controlled detonation and get it over with right away!?

Old building being torn down

**MUNCH MUNCH** Yum! Good building!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home