Friday, September 16, 2005

A Shitty Day

Hi there,

We appreciate your interest in Career Edge internship opportunities at GE Canada and wish you success in your job search (so you can finally leave us alone).

This note is to confirm that your application has been received and will be reviewed by our recruiting team. If your skill-set matches our requirements, you will be contacted by a representative from our group. (Please fuck off.)

Best of luck, (You're gonna need it, loser.)

XXXXXXXX

That's just one of many letters I get from one of many companies I apply to in this fruitless job hunt. That is, when the company chooses to send me a personal letter from the recruiter rather than the automated PFO letter.

Maybe it's the cloudy, rainy weather that's putting me down today. Or maybe because it's the fact that I have no available friends here. My friends are like stars - you can look at them but they're too far away to touch (in the metaphorical sense, of course!). And that's not the only thing.

Yes, the FedEx idiocy saga continues.

I just got a call from them, telling me that three of the packages in my old Miami apartment are now stuck in a warehouse in Miami. If you did the math from last time, there should be FOUR packages, but now another package has magically disappeared. They were supposed to be picked up from my old apartment with customs documentation intact, and the ground shipping labels replaced with express shipping labels. Instead, they're now stuck in a warehouse with NO customs documentation and only a ground shipping label! To make things worse, they say the boxes are too beat up to endure another trip!!!

This display of incompetence has lasted a month and a half now. FedEx advertises that they deliver within a week. Please, please, PLEASE!! If you ever want to send your stuff, DO NOT use a courier!! Stick to your postal service!

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to figure out whether to cry somewhere or go to the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home