Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bad Golf Day

I should've known better.

I should not have gone to the driving range knowing that the stars were not aligned properly to play golf. Say what you want, but for a game where you have to keep three billion things in mind at the same time whenever you swing at the ball, astrology is the only way to explain my erratic golf skills.

I certainly don't play golf to have fun or relax. Hell, I don't even like golf. It's just something I'll have to do as part of my business career, with golf being the chessboard for most business talk between corporate bigwigs. By the time I'm in the position to do that, perhaps my golfing would be good enough to go pro.

Sometimes I get the swinging motion perfectly, right down to the follow-through. It even feels sweet when I contact the ball. But no matter how well I swing, the ball still goes further if I just throw the fucking thing. Underhand. If anyone out there knows a thing or two about golf. please, please, please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Do not answer, "Taking up golf." I've already taken that as a given.

At the driving range

Someday, I'm going to be good enough to hit those power lines and cut electricity to the city.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you talk your business over chess instead?

Sun Sep 25, 01:24:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you do play golf with a businesman, distract him then throw the ball heehee

Sun Sep 25, 09:06:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home