Monday, March 12, 2007

Temporal Shift

I properly woke up in the morning for the first time in years.

By "properly", I mean with sufficent sleep time. This wasn't something I was planning to do, as whenever I plan to sleep earlier, something ties me up into the wee hours (Damn those internets!). This time, I just had no choice since I wasn't getting enough sleep. Heck, yesterday, I went through a morning iaido training session all the way in SFU, then I had to drive everyone home - all on three hours of sleep.

It's like being in an alien world where the Sun appears in the east. And now they start having these morning shows like Breakfast Television and the like. I've never felt so displaced here since I came back from my years in Japan.

Speaking of TV shows, now they have these programs where all these bad things happen to all these 80's style people because of other bad people, or when two good people fall in love with the same person. Oh wait, these shows are just the old version of Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, One Tree Hill, Party of Five, Dawson's Creek, The OC, etc., etc. What are they called? Ah yes, operas of the soap.

What's next, marking this special time of the day with a special meal!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home