Monday, February 12, 2007

A Hard Week's Training

This must be another record.

I've spent a total of 13.5 hours of martial arts training this week - 7.5 hours of iaido, 3 hours of another style of iaido I'm trying out, and 3 hours of capoeira (and not counting that 1 hour of music class). I know this isn't much for people who are really into martial arts, but for me, that's a lot.

Combine it with the time I've spent in the gym and that's probably 17 hours of physical training, which is unprecedented for an amateur like me. Oh well, once my job begins, this isn't going to be possible without totally sacrificing my weekends, so I might as well get it done while I still can.

Gotta get that summer body ready...and crawl into a corner in the fetal position and cry.

2 Comments:

Blogger krazykrankyken said...

That's about how much I train in a month, dude. And I train with pansies. Sigh..

Keep up the good work, dude. Hey, no CHINESE martial arts anymore? Well.. I'm guilty of the same crime.

Fri Mar 16, 11:38:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

No, I'm just giving Chinese martial arts a hiatus while I explore other cultures' martial arts.

BTW, thanks for leaving your two cents on my blog. Glad to know some people are still keeping in touch!

Fri Mar 16, 01:25:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home