Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Bullshit Valentine

It's that dreaded time of the year again.

But I'm not going to go on the usual annual rant about how Valentine's Day is another fabrication of greeting card and confection companies to generate more business just before their fiscal years to make profit targets, because...well, it's not completely true. Like most Christian holidays, the date was likely set to cover up Pagan holidays; in this case, Lupercalia. So instead, let's just briefly attack the reasoning behind it.

Valentine's Day. The day we're supposed to express our love to the people we love, or at least supposed to love anyways. Why does a special day need to be set for such an occasion? Because we don't sufficiently express love during the rest of the year because we still live in a prudishly conservative society (oh well, at least we're still not as bad as some other countries)? Or is it because we need a break from tearing at each other's throats all the time?

And are we properly expressing our love and devotion by giving sweet, sweet diabetes in a heart-shaped box, paired with a dozen toxic roses made at the expense of third-world sweatshop laborers' health? I guess nothing has changed after all - we're all still trying to kill each other.

After reading my other rant, you're probably just blaming this on my bitterness of being single, so for your information, I'm quite content with having no significant other to hinder my physical, mental, and spiritual development, which I'm pretty well occupied with thank you very much indeedy. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, bitches.

Besides, the kind of girl I'm looking for is rarer than a yeti (and hopefully prettier too). I can be a faithful and loving soulmate for the rest of my life and not see anyone else. It's a tall order to get a guy not to cheat until the day he takes that long dirt nap, but I know I can do it. It's just that she'd better damn well be worth it. Maybe someone like her or her.

Yeah, associating myself with girls carrying sharp objects runs a high risk of emasculation, but I guess I'm a glutton for dangerous adventure and self-punishment for failing to please my mate. Like I just said, I'm a strong proponent of self-development, so I don't take failure lightly. Furthermore, just because I've found my significant other doesn't mean I'll stop making myself stronger in all respects; I will not let anyone encumber or stop me.

Anyways, from the bottom of my heart, Happy Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Korean girl was on some Korean soap opera before. She is pretty and very slim... quite attractive...

anyway... I am trying to survive in the hectic overtime life. See ya after Tax season~

Tue Mar 27, 07:25:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Uh...thanks for the heads-up me. Which girl? Swords?

Thu Mar 29, 03:36:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home