Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me, So Gimme My Free Meal Bitch!

Yesterday was my birthday.

So my roommates, neighbors, and friends took me to The Red Room, because they just started this event called Wild Out Wednesdays or something like that. When we got there, the place was depressingly empty. So empty, in fact, that it was just us, two girls on one table, and all the waitresses/dancers on another. The two girls left soon enough, probably because they saw me and got more depressed.

It was just us sitting at a table, knocking back regular-priced drinks. You'd think that being the only people to grace their event, the club people would give us some special discount as a token of appreciation. Cheap bastards. Then, a couple of voluptuous girls walked up to our table and told us that it was their "first night", so they'd like us to have a good time, and then they went backstage. Now when we heard them behave that way, we started to wonder if those girls were strippers or what. Or maybe it's just another alcohol-induced group mental diarrhea. Fortunately, it was the girls in our group that had the balls to inquire, as if it were the guys, they'd either get kicked out and/or leave with palm prints on our faces.

It turned out that the voluptuous girls were actually the event organizers, and it looked like they didn't do a good job of promoting the event. In fact, no one else came to the club that night, so we just ended up shooting pool and feeding loonies into the table. You'd think the manager would open the table for us to play for free just to keep us there (and buying regularly priced drinks), but nooooo, still a cheap bastard.

Well, it turned out that the manager did do something after all, and that was put the club out of its misery for the night and closed early. They apologized for kicking us out, but just as well. The universe would be thrown in utter chaos, if not completly obliterated, if I were to have a good time on my birthday.

We were pretty hungry at this point, so we decided to scrounge around for food. Then, someone had the brilliant idea to go to the nearby Denny's, where they offered free meals to the birthday boy/girl. I'm all up for that...

...and once again, life denies me another pleasure. It turned out that there is no manager on duty at that time to authorize the free meal. The waiter, this elderly Asian man, was very apologetic, and instead offered us all a free dessert. I was so grateful to him for going against the laws of nature and doing something to make my birthday happier, that I got us all to give him a big tip. God bless him.

So that's how I spent my birthday with my friends. In an empty nightclub, approached by girls who were disappointingly not strippers, and denied a free meal at Denny's.

But as long as I have a crappy time together with my roommates, friends, and neighbors, I'm a happy man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the messed up dates? It's July 2nd today. Your birthday was last month.

Sun Jul 02, 10:39:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

BRILLIANT DEDUCTION!! You figured out that I'm behind on my posts! Too bad you're anonymous, otherwise, I could've known to whom I should send the prize.

Mon Jul 03, 02:26:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sarcastic asshole, haha

Wed Jul 05, 05:01:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home