Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm Officially S-M-R-T Smart!

My Mensa membership card finally arrived today.

I took a cue from my brother and joined the US chapter of Mensa because they have far more resources and special interest groups than Canada, so I had to give them my auntie's address in California, and she had to forward it to me. I really didn't take their IQ test to join, but submitted my GMAT score to qualify. I did fairly well in the GMAT, but not being satisfied with the 75% tuition waver I got for my MBA, I decided to milk it some more.

Okay, so I'm really joining the organization through the "backdoor". If I took the IQ test, I'd probably not make the top 2% cut. Stop bitching about unqualified people getting ahead in life. If qualified people could get whatever they deserve, I'd have a job by now. Hell, look at the very country whose Mensa chapter I registered for. They have a monkey for a president, who nominated a non-judge to be a Supreme Court Justice. Not to mention he also got the president of the Arabian Horse Association to bail the country out of national disasters.

Maybe it's not about injustice. Perhaps if you're smart enough to work the system to your advantage, and gain a position for which you're not expected to attain, then you deserve it nonetheless. Or if you're smart enough to know the right people who can get you there.

Speaking of not being smart, I deeply scratched my SUV last week. I was attending a party, and not being used to how bulky SUV's are (I used to drive cars), I underestimated the width of the vehicle at the passenger side, and it got real intimate with a concrete support at the parkade. The side was just wedged against the concrete, so that no matter which way I moved, the scratch will get worse. I felt like I was in that scene in the first Austin Powers movie, where he managed to get a motorcart stuck perfectly sideways in a narrow hallway. How pathetic. Now I have to wait for the touch-up paint that I ordered at the dealership to come in.

At least I didn't scratch the SUV against a pedestrian.


Identity concealed to protect subject from wedgies
I'm a certified nerd!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go smart boy

Wed Nov 09, 01:33:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wabisabi said...

You haven't heard? -___- Having high EQ is more important than having high IQ, and now having high CQ (Curiosity Quotient) is more important than having high EQ. Thomas Friedman wrote about it, somewhere over the pay wall at the New York Times. -____-

Wed Nov 09, 10:56:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

I totally agree! Ever taken a Myers-Briggs test? What type of person are you?

Wed Nov 09, 11:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Wabisabi said...

I don't need to take the test. -____- I have already read Jung's work on Typology on which it is based, all 1000 pages of it. I *know* I am an introverted intuitive. Most things about the world I know are made known to me by my own guessing.

Thu Nov 10, 11:48:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

That could be a good thing. It means you use your brain more rather than being dependent on getting your information elsewhere.

I'm Extraversion-Intuition-Feeling-Judging according to the Myers-Briggs.

Fri Nov 11, 11:59:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home