Monday, June 05, 2006

Legal Problems

I just got my law midterm back today.

It sucked. It was totally lower than I expected. Sure, it's a "B" grade, but it's total crap when I am aiming for an "A". I cannot afford to have a "B" in any course, not if I want to gain the attention of recruiters. This program is my last chance to get the job I want, the kind of job where I can put my best skills to use. Now, I've effectively screwed up half the course. Maybe I should give up and stop caring. After all, I'm going to be an accountant, and even if I get 100% in law, I'd still need to consult a lawyer for legal matters anyway.

Participation's not a problem, as I've given the prof ample discussion about cases I've read before class. It has gotten to the point that now, even if I haven't read the case, I'll still put my hand up and the prof will give me credit but pick someone else to discuss, instead of calling my bluff. But then again, I do back it up by asking and answering a lot of questions in class.

If I ever want to express my indifference, when the prof talks about the final exam in class, maybe I'll ask if calculators are allowed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wabisabi said...

Don't sweat it. The first pop quiz is always harder than midterms, and midterms are always harder than finals (which always have give-away questions lest you fail anyway). I think it's a ruse they use to scare you into studying hard from the beginning.

Sun Jul 09, 07:44:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Thanks for the advice. I've managed to pull off an A- in the whole course. I was really aiming for an A, but this will have to do, I guess.

Yes, I'm REALLY behind on my blog entries!

Sun Jul 09, 11:37:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home