Friday, July 08, 2005

Incoming Hurricane Vs. Suicidal Sheep

So I got kicked out of my business school building today because they're shutting it down due to the hurricane. Hurricane Dennis, the first hurricane to come close to Florida this year, is now a Category 4 (out of 5) storm. Even though it's not expected to pass through the Miami-Dade area, it has already trashed Cuba, perhaps giving refugees a helpful "push" to Florida.

Despite the unlikelihood that the hurricane will plow us, one of its "arms" has already carried strong wind and rain my way. So I'm starting to barricade myself in my apartment. Good thing I was too lazy to take the tape down from my windows last year (I'm the kind of annoying bastard that leaves the X-mas lights up all year). It's going to be a long summer.

As proof that the rest of the world is going to hell, some Turkish sheep got sick of life and decided to do a lemming impression. Correction: a LOT of sheep! Apparently, the lead sheep fell off and the most of the herd followed him. Out of approximately 1500 sheep that jumped, about 450 died. So why such a low casualty rate? Well, apparently, a pile of dead fluffy sheep is really good at cushioning falls. Some poor Turkish families are going to have to find something else to count when they go to sleep.

[Insert your own "If your friend jumps off a bridge..." moral about blindly following others.]

(Source)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home