Tuesday, June 21, 2005

30-Time Blood Donor In One Day

So it has been raining for 20 days of the last three weeks. Well, more accurately, it was stormy. A serious consequence is that a huge spawn of mosquitoes have bred from the resulting puddles and are out on the loose.

Unfortunately, I am somehow more attractive to mosquitoes than other people (go figure). Perhaps it's because my O+ blood appeals to more tastes, or maybe it's because the mosquitoes here just like ethnic food. Either way, I suffered almost 20 bites in the span of five minutes the other day. You can see that this problem is occurring all over the city, as whatever store I go to, there is an empty shelf where the bug repellent should be.

I finally find some at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and decided to try the plant-based repellent, because I don't like the prospect of rubbing a chemical called DEET on my skin everyday. Hell, I even e-mailed the FDA about the chances of getting cancer, but being part of the government, by the time they reply, the summer would probably be over.

I know I've been a bit anal about mosquitoes, but one reason is that I have a personal vendetta with mosquitoes, ever since they bit me on the eyelid in my sleep. Hey, why don't you try spending all week looking like you got your ass badly kicked in a boxing match. The other reason is that there has been a spat of West Nile Virus going around here, thanks to some tourist.

Although I hope that if I catch the West Nile Virus, I get a special discount for that King Tut exhibit if I ever decide to go all the way to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home